Application of RRS 75 to determine Sailor Eligibility at Sail Canada Events and National Sailing Competitions in Canada
The following items are required to show at registration desk/check-in to confirm eligibility to race.
- Sail Canada member card (and valid proof of age for age restricted events);
- Proof of membership with a Sail Canada member club, or other ISAF member national authority (MNA)*, (and valid proof of age for age restricted events);
A sailor without
· Sail Canada member card, or
· proof of membership with a Sail Canada member club, or
· proof of membership with other ISAF member national authority
· may obtain a Right-to-Race card which will be available at the event registration desk for a fee. A Right-to-Race sailor card is valid only until the completion of the event being entered.
Sail Canada member cards are issued by the Provincial Sailing Associations, who then issue them to Sail Canada member clubs. Directors or mangers at the clubs then issue the cards to their members.
Proof of age - the following are valid forms of proof of age:
- Valid passport;
- Provincially issued identification – e.g. drivers’ license, health card;
- Municipally issued photo accreditation that includes full name and birth date;
- School- issued photo accreditation that includes full name and birth date.
Proof of membership with a Sail Canada member club or other organization – the following are acceptable means to prove membership or affiliation:
- Membership card from Sail Canada member club or other ISAF MNA – such card indicating name and type of membership held;
- Official and original signed document (or copy – facsimile or electronic file) from director of the Sail Canada member club – such document is to be on letterhead of the club, and need name the sailors and indicate the nature of the membership or affiliation with that organization;
- On-site reference to member list on official website of the organization – such list will indicate full name and nature of the membership or affiliation.
A list of Sail Canada member clubs can be accessed in the members’ area of the Sail Canada website.
* I.e. US Sailing
Suspension of Eligibility
“Following a hearing conducted by Sail Canada under RRS Rule 69, Mr Al Schonborn of Oakville, Ontario, is suspended from competing, either as skipper or crew, in any event in the sport of sailing in Canada until 15 September 2014. Mr Schonborn’s ISAF eligibility is also suspended until 15 September 2014”