Monday, July 15, 2013
Sail Canada staff have been working with The CG&B Group Inc to review the insurance policies over the last 6 months. As a result of this work we have been able to enhance coverage while holding premiums at the same level. In some cases we have also been able to reduce premiums which results in more funding for the programs and services we provide.
The following are some of the key improvements to our insurance programs.
- Instructor Liability Policy
- coverage territory expanded to include the United States and their territories
- Aggregate limit increased. This is the maximum amount that would be paid for all claims within the term of the policy
- Directors & Officers
- Coverage provided for certified race officers and judges unless another D&O policy is providing primary coverage.
- Coverage territory expanded to protect race officials and judges worldwide.
- NEW Legal Expense Insurance option for PSA’s and yacht clubs.
- Covers legal expense arising from tax disputes, employment issues, court expenses, bodily injury, contract disputes and debt recovery.
- Preferred pricing for Sail Canada members
CG&B is endorsed by Sail Canada and can provide coverage for the needs of Sail Canada members including
1. Private boat insurance with Skippers' Plan Marine Insurance. Ask about the enhanced coverage provided exclusively to members of Sail Canada members.
2. On Water Regatta Liability Coverage
3. Directors & Officers Insurance for class association or PSA’s , and yacht clubs.
4. Instructor Liability coverage for certified instructors and coaches
5. Yacht club insurance including buildings, commercial general liability, host liquor liability, docks and piers, coverage at boat shows and much more.
6. Sailing School Insurance.
7. Legal Expense Insurance
More details about Sail Canada Insurance policies, application forms and contact information is available at www.skippersplan.com. Just click on the Sail Canada logo.