Sailors With Disabilities
Current IFDS Bulletin is available here
ACCESS CLASS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA - 2007 AGM Summary
1) the 2007 annual general meeting of the Access Class Association of Canada (ACAC) convened on 04.09.2007 as scheduled during the Inaugural Access Worlds regatta hosted at the Whitby Yacht Club, Whitby, Ontario.
2) participants approved the agenda and welcomed as observers, Eric Cartlidge of Ontario Sailing and David Staley, International Access Class Association www.accessclass.org
3) the meeting invited Keith Hobbs to act as ACAC chair; invitation accepted.
4) the success of the inaugural Access Worlds in bringing together all four Access Classes -- 2.3, 303, Liberty and SKUD-18 led to discussion/support of opening up Canadian regattas to participation where numbers permit of all the Paralympic and development classes.
5) the successful outreach model of Ontario's AccessBOOM program in creating new sailing programs across Eastern Canada was identified along with other best practices such as RHYC's integration of sailors with/without a disability, and Victoria's weekly mobile program to the BC Lions easter seal camp.
6) Ontario to host both its provincial and the Canadian championships in 2008
7) 2008 ACAC AGM to take place during 2008 Access Canadian championships.
8) Best Wishes extended to Access SKUD-18 sailors continuing on to the IFDS Worlds in Rochester and ultimately qualifying for the 2008 Paralympics.
9) Special Thanks to Access 2008 worlds regatta host Whitby Yacht Club board and members, the race officials, international jury, Ontario Sailing coaches/volunteers, CYA and its president, and sailors from around the world.
10) Meeting ends.
For more information, please contact the Canadian Yachting Association
Toll Free 877 416 4720 or your