Yacht clubs, sailing clubs and windsurfing clubs are the foundation of the CYA membership program. Canadian Yachting Association is the national voice for Canadian sailors from recreational boating, to competitive and international racing.
As a paid member of your CYA affiliated club, you are automatically a member of CYA. You are therefore entitled to these benefits, and many more!
A club listing of all members should be provided to CYA/PSA so that services can be provided to all members.
Membership Benefits to Individuals of Clubs
Members of CYA affiliated clubs are entitled to these servives and benefits:
- CYA membership card obtained through the club office
- Reciprocal privileges with other clubs. Contact your club or PSA for details.
- "Right to race" in events (provided other eligibility criteria are met)
- Able to participate in CYA and PSA championships
- Maintenance of racing rule structure
- Right to appeal decisions of protests to CYA or PSA (where applicable)
- Access to special boat, home and auto insurance rates with the Skippers' Plan
- Handicapping information
- Ability to participate in race officer training program
- Ability to participate in judge and umpire training programs
- Offshore sail numbers registry
- Participation in CYA Awards program
- Access to provincial and Canadian Sailing Team programs as per established criteria
- Invited to use BMO Affinity Mastercard. With each use you help to suppost the Canadian Sailing Team.
- Access to the CYA Financial Assistance program, such as donation receipt programs, or funding assistance for high performance athletes, and programs