CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron - Hiring High Performance Optimist Coach
Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Start Date: Monday, June 03, 2013
The Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron (RNSYS), is accepting applications for a knowledgeable Optimist coach with international Optimist racing experience for the 2013.
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the RNSYS is offers Atlantic Canada’s most competitive sailing programs and is home to many world-class sailors.
The role of the Coach is to provide leadership and coaching to the RNSYS’ high performance Optimist racing team from the middle of June through the end of August, 2013.
Credentials & Experience:
The Coach shall have the following qualities, credentials and experience:
· Significant international-level racing experience in the Optimist class
· At least two (4) years of race team coaching experience (ideally at the Optimist level)
· Excellent organizational, time management, communication and motivation skills
The Coach will be expected to:
· Develop training and competitive programs for high performance Optimist athletes.
· Travel with team members to identified regattas.
· Work closely with coaches from the RNSYS and other clubs.
This position requires domestic travel to regattas, training camps and meetings. The Schedule includes athlete program management, active coaching, program administration and meetings with volunteers. The position requires initiative, resourcefulness and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Hours of Work & Remuneration:
This position will run from the middle of June to the end of August, 2013. Evening and weekend work is required. Salary for the position is $1100 per week.
Please submit applications to:
Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron 376 Purcell’s Cove Road Halifax, NS B3P 1C7