CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
The Boulevard Club - Hiring Dock Master Seasonal
The Boulevard Club
Dominik Jablecki (Yachting Director)
Start Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2013
The Boulevard Club Ltd. is seeking a Dockmaster (Seasonal)
The Boulevard Club is looking for candidates to assume the position of Dockmaster. Candidates who are personable, hands on, independent and have experience in a customer service are ideal for this position.
The Club is a waterfront facility located about 2 kilometers west of Ontario Place in Toronto. The Club is a private multi sport and dining facility with close to 4000 members in total and approximately 120 yachting section members. The yachting section has expanded with new 40’, 50’ and 50’+ foot docks and now accommodates boats in excess of 50 feet. Please visit our website (http://www.boulevardclub.com)
Job Description/ Responsibilities
- Follows all on and off water safety procedures and regulations of the Toronto Port Authority, Coast Guard, the Boulevard Club policies
- May 14th
- End of September (With opportunity for Part Time hours in October)
- The Boulevard Club (1491 Lakeshore Blvd W. Toronto, ON, Canada, M3K 3C2) www. boulevardclub.com
- 40 (Evening and weekend work is a required) Pay
- Required to assist members and visitors on and off the docks, monitoring the V.H.F. radio and assisting with the pump out facilities
- Assists members in hauling out boats and de stepping masts
- Reports any health and safety concerns, suggestions or hazards immediately to the Yachting Director
- Responsible for keeping the dry boat storage area organized and clean
- Keep the area around the docks and boat house clean and organized.
- Always helpful and courteous to members and guests
- On call to assist the “Storm Safety Crew” as required
- Ensure shore power and water are working and pedestals are clean
- Performs general maintenance of the Club’s boats, docks and facilities as directed by the Yachting Director
- Assists Yachting Director in administrative tasks
- Ensures all member, guest and camp participant incidents, problems or concerns are reported promptly to the Yachting Director
- Complete all reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the Yachting Director.
Posses a valid P.C.O.C, Harbour License and VHF license (required)
Experience in customer service skills
Nautical knowledge is required
Submit resume before April 30th, 2013.