CANSail Development Coach
The CANSail Development Coach program is a training and certification program created by Sail Canada to give 4-12 month Club and PSA race coaches the best possible tools, techniques, philosophies and mentoring, to service Competition-Development level athletes.
The CANSail Development Coach Program…
- Emphasizes learning and instilling confidence and effectiveness in coach candidates, and places secondary emphasis on evaluation.
- Emphasizes practical on-water coaching.
- Places more importance on sport science elements of fitness, nutrition, and sport psychology than previously done.
- Incorporates mentoring with experienced F/T coaches as part of the program.
- Moves final evaluations out of the course, and into the field.
- Maintains a high level of expectations in CERTIFYING Level 3 coaches.
- Ensures Coaches adhere to the Sail Canada Coach of Conduct and Professionalism guidelines
- Have previous sail-racing experience (preference for having campaigned an ISAF-recognized class)
- Have a genuine interested in becoming and / or developing personally and professionally as a coach
- Have experience as a sailor or coach with Race Team programs