Yacht clubs, sailing clubs and windsurfing clubs are the foundation of the Sail Canada membership program. Sail Canada is the national voice for Canadian sailors from recreational boating, to competitive and international racing.
As a paid member of your Sail Canada affiliated club, you are automatically a member of Sail Canada. You are therefore entitled to these benefits, and many more!
A club listing of all members should be provided to Sail Canada/PSA so that services can be provided to all members.
Membership Benefits to Individuals of Clubs
Members of Sail Canada affiliated clubs are entitled to these services and benefits:
- Sail Canada membership card obtained through the club office
- Reciprocal privileges with other clubs. Contact your club or PSA for details.
- "Right to race" in events (provided other eligibility criteria are met)
- Able to participate in Sail Canada and PSA championships
- Maintenance of racing rule structure
- Right to appeal decisions of protests to Sail Canada or PSA (where applicable)
- Access to special boat, home and auto insurance rates with the Skippers' Plan
- Handicapping information
- Ability to participate in race officer training program
- Ability to participate in judge and umpire training programs
- Offshore sail numbers registry
- Participation in Sail Canada Awards program
- Access to provincial and Canadian Sailing Team programs as per established criteria
- Invited to use BMO Affinity Mastercard. With each use you help to suppost the Canadian Sailing Team.
- Access to the Sail Canada Financial Assistance program, such as donation receipt programs, or funding assistance for high performance athletes, and programs