CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Nepean Sailing Club - NSC Single-Handed Youth Race Team Coach
Nepean Sailing Club
Hugh McGugan - Sailing Training & Youth Racing Director
Start Date: Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Nepean Sailing Club invites qualified individuals to apply for the Single-Handed Youth Race Team Coach position at our sailing school for 2013.
Reporting directly to the Head Instructor, we are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with a love of racing to lead all aspects on NSC's Single-Handed Youth Race Team including;
• supervision and leadership of a team of 8-10 youth sailors in on-the-water training/racing, shore-side debrief/training and physical fitness activities
• leadership in positive role model behaviours for athletes, instructors and youth
• effective communication with participants & parents/chaperones in furthering the success of the Single-Handed Youth Race Team in all possible aspects
• must form close working relationships with Double-Handed and O'Pen BIC race coaches
• leadership in technical & athlete development skills in mentoring of other NSC instructors and coaches
• leading Youth Race Team activities with NSC members and other area sailors in such as;
- race skills clinics for various boats (Laser/Radial, 29er, 420, 505, keelboat OD)
- keel-boat match racing clinics (in conjunction with Nepean Cup),
- race committee and judging clinics
• Sail Canada High Performance Race Coach, LTR or Orange Instructor Certification
• Current standard First Aid, CPR-C, Swimming Certificate/Boat Rescue, PCOC and VHF License.
• extensive dinghy racing background including, Laser/Radial, Club-420, 29er, etc
including success at national-level competitions
• experience as a Youth or High Performance Race Team coach
Additional experience and qualities:
• strong motivational leadership and positive role model qualities to lead youth sailors
• excellent communication skills and teamwork ethic
• willingness to work with other coaches/instructors and staff in achieving shared goals
• passionate about sail training and youth development
• broad and varied sailing and racing experience
Nepean Sailing Club is a large and successful sailing club located on Lac Deschênes in Ottawa.
With active keel boat, dry sail, skiff, dinghy, womens racing and ABLE-Sail fleets, and 1000+ members with 600+ boats, NSC boasts a vibrant community involved virtually all areas of sailing and racing.
NSC's sailing school is one of the most popular and successful Learn-to-Sail and Youth Racing development centres in Ontario. From the Wet Feet program to Youth High Performance race teams, our sailing school caters to all levels of youth sail traiing and racing.
The sailing school operates out of NSC's dedicated Youth Pavilion sporting unparalleled sailing facilities for dinghies as well as club-owned fleets of O'Pen-BIC, Club-420, Hunter-14, Pico's, Optimist, Able-Sail Martin-16s and other types of sailboats.
The Single-Handed Youth Race Team Coach role is a full time position, with part time hours of ~10 hours/week in May/June & early September, and full time hours beginning in mid June and ending in late August. Normal work hours will include some time on evenings and out-of-town travel with the Youth Race team to events on weekends.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and certifications. Assistance in securing local accommodations for the successful candidate can be provided if necessary.
Please forward your application with accompanying cover letter and references to:
Nepean Sailing Club 3259 Carling Ave. Ottawa, Ontario Canada K2H 1A6
attention: Sail Training/Youth Racing Director
Deadline for application is March 31, 2013