CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Nepean Sailing Club - NSC CANSail 1 & 2 Instructors
Nepean Sailing Club
Hugh McGugan - Sailing Training & Youth Racing Director
Start Date: Monday, June 24, 2013
Nepean Sailing Club invites qualified individuals to apply for CANSail 1-2 Instructor positions at our sailing school for 2013.
Reporting directly to the Head Instructor and working under direction of the NSC CANSail LTS Team Leader, we are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals with a love teaching children/youth to instruct NSC's CANSail 1-2 LTS programs including;
• supervision and leadership of introductory-level children/youth sailors in on-the-water & shore-side instruction and physical fitness/fun-games activities
• effective communication with participants & parents in furthering the success of the NSC's introductory sailing programs in all possible aspects
• working closely with other instructors to coordinate CANSail 1-2 activities with other sailing school programs
• effective leadership to instill the spirit of sailing with program participants
• Sail Canada CANSail 1-2 Instructor Course Completion (either "Trained" or "Certified")
• current standard First Aid, CPR-C, Swimming Certificate/Boat Rescue, & PCOC
• VHF license is desireable
• dinghy sailing experience including Opti/O'Pen-BIC, Pico, Hunter-14 etc.
• experience as a White Sail or CANSail 1-2 sailing instructor
Additional experience and qualities:
• positive role model qualities to lead youth sailors
• excellent communication skills and teamwork ethic
• willingness to work with other instructors and staff in achieving shared goals
• passionate about sail training and youth development
Background: Nepean Sailing Club is a large and successful sailing club located on Lac Deschênes in Ottawa.
With active keel boat, dry sail, skiff, dinghy, womens racing and ABLE-Sail fleets, and 1000+ members with 600+ boats, NSC boasts a vibrant community involved virtually all areas of sailing and racing.
NSC's sailing school is one of the most popular and successful Learn-to-Sail and Youth Racing development centres in Ontario. From the Wet Feet program to Youth High Performance race teams, our sailing school caters to all levels of youth sail traiing and racing.
The sailing school operates out of NSC's dedicated Youth Pavilion sporting unparalleled sailing facilities for dinghies as well as club-owned fleets of O'Pen-BIC, Club-420, Hunter-14, Pico's, Optimist, Able-Sail Martin-16s and other types of sailboats.
The CANSail 1-2 Instructor roles are a full time positions beginning in late June and ending in late August. Normal work hours will include time on some weekday evenings.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and certifications. Assistance in securing local accommodations for the successful candidate can be provided if necessary.
Please forward your application with accompanying cover letter and references to:
Nepean Sailing Club 3259 Carling Ave. Ottawa, Ontario Canada K2H 1A6
attention: Sail Training/Youth Racing Director
Deadline for Applications is March 31, 2013