Instructor and Coach Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Shells and Sails Mobile Unit - Hiring Sailing Coach
Shells and Sails Mobile Unit
416 759 8405
Start Date: Saturday, May 17, 2014
Shells & Sails is an exciting program delivered in partnership by Ontario Sailing and ROWONTARIO. The program is now accepting applications for a sailing coach. As part of the Shells and Sails mobile team the sailing coach will give basic instruction to both youth and adult participants. Two types of programming will be offered short sessions during Try-It days and week-long programming during camp weeks. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a provincial program, travel the province and share the excitement for the sailing sport.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Travelling throughout Ontario with the Shells & Sails rowing coach as part of the Shells & Sails team, delivering the sailing portion of the Mobile Unit in various communities;
· Deliver learn to sail programming while ensuring a safe and respectable environment for all participants;
· Careful use and maintenance of sailing equipment, rowing equipment, Shells & Sails truck and trailer.
The successful candidate should:
· Be able to work as part of a team;
· Be well organized and have the ability to effectively manage time and priorities;
· Be very outgoing, personable, positive and have the ability to engage small groups of volunteers and participants;
· Have excellent communication skills and regularly report back to the Shells & Sails Program Manager and Management Team.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
• Current White Sail Coach/CANSail 1&2 Instructor (or higher),
• Current Emergency First Aid (or higher)
• Current Boat Safety (or equivalent)
• Class G Driver’s License with a clean driving record
· Pleasure Craft Operator Card
· The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check.
Work hours are based on the Shells & Sails Try-It Day and Camp events schedule. May, June and July will consist of Saturday and Sunday Try-It Day events while coaches must be available for Friday evening travel when applicable. Monday-Friday camps will take place in August and coaches must be available for travel on Sundays. Coaches will be paid hourly for their time working during events, as well as their travel time to the different locations from either of the Mobile Unit based locations - Toronto or Hamilton.
The estimated total working hours from May to August is 576 hours.
Candidates interested in the position for May/June or July/August only are also encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter and résumé, by February 14th, 2014, to:
Lynsey Yates, Program Manager - Shells & Sails
Mail: 19 Waterman Ave, Suite 206, Toronto, Ontario M4B1Y2,