CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Port Credit Yacht Club - Head Instructor 2013
Port Credit Yacht Club
Cameron Lymburner - Program Manager
Start Date: Saturday, June 01, 2013
The Port Credit Yacht Club, a premier club and “Development Training Centre” on Lake Ontario, is seeking application from experienced, qualified individuals for the following position:
- • Head Instructor
The Port Credit Yacht Club has a long history of excellence both in racing and sailing instruction over the past 57 years. As a “Development Training Centre” for Ontario, we offer a mentorship environment focused on helping our instructors to achieve their highest potential. We strongly encourage our instructors to continue to develop both their coaching and sailing skills through our mentorship opportunities, and the many programs offered at our club through Ontario Sailing.
- • Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- • Fun and safe working environment
- • Mentorship and development opportunities
- • Free parking
- • Free Uniforms
- • Lunch provided for working days
- • Dry sail storage during employment
- • Excellent teaching facilities and equipment
- • Reliable coach boats
Successful candidates will possess a passion for sailing, and a desire to help others to discover their love for our sport. Successful candidates will have the following qualities:
- • Ability to act as a positive role model, and an ambassador for the Port Credit Yacht Club.
- • Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- • Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- • Highly motivated and willing to take initiative.
- • Strong sailing and leadership skills.
- • Familiarity and ability to teach the new CANSail programs.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- • Program Manager Module completed
- • Instructor dues paid and registered with Sail Canada for 2013
- • 5 years of experience coaching sailing
- • Current First Aid and CPR
- • Boat Safety or equivalent
- • PCOC
- • ROC (M)
Please forward your resume and a cover letter referencing the desired position to the email address indicated below no later than January 31st, 2013.
Fax- (905) 278-2519
We thank all applicants for their time; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.