CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
West Vancouver Yacht Club - Coaches Wanted
West Vancouver Yacht Club
Start Date: Monday, June 24, 2013
PURPOSE: The West Vancouver Yacht Club is seeking expressions of
interest from motivated enthusiastic sailing coaches that would like to lead
summer learn to sail programming on a full-time basis from June 24th, to August 31st.
MISSION: The West Vancouver Yacht Club (WVYC) maintains a proud yachting tradition. The Club is a leader on the North Shore and in the Lower Mainland in providing excellent learn to sail programs for both junior and adults. Sailors from the Pacific Northwest have come to know the WVYC for its excellence in Race Management, race operations and post race hospitality. This quality and excellence is the level to which all members and staff of the WVYC aspire to maintain and improve. The coaches are key players in maintain this tradition of excellence.
POSITIONS SAUGHT: The deadline for application is Friday March 15th.
• Wet Feet Coaches
• CANSail 1 & 2 Coaches • CANSail 3 & 4 Coaches
• CANSail 5 & 6 Coaches
• Chutes and Wires Coaches
• Racing Development Coach (Level 3/Orange)
INSTRUCTOR RESPONSIBILITIES: The coach reports to the Sailing Director. Duties other than those listed below may be assigned by the Sailing Director and additional work may be available as of May 2013 on a part-time basis.
• Working hours are from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Coaches are expected to be punctual, well-mannered and experienced in proving a high standard of client service.
• Instructing classes in accordance with the Sail Canada standard to which the coach is certified.
• Reporting to the Sailing Director any issues or information of pertinence such as damage, misbehavior or complaints.
• Safety of students, equipment and facilities and the maintenance required to ensure it.
• Attending necessary functions such as “Meet the Instructor Night” and the Awards Banquet as well as take part in the staff assessment twice over the employment period
• All coaches must be Sail Canada “Trained” status and preferably “Certified” under either the traditional CYA curriculum or the CANSail curriculum.
• All coaches must provide proof/copies of certifications and must register by paying the sail Canada instructor dues by April 30th and provide a receipt as proof of insurance.
• Additional qualifications such as Early Childhood Education (ECE) and Sail Canada Learning Facilitator or further coaching experience.
REMUNERATIONS and BENEFITS:
• A competitive wage commensurate with experience and qualifications can be expected as well as lunch provision at a cost of $2 per day.
• Coaches will have the opportunity for 1-week unpaid vacation during the months of July or August with scheduling to be discussed with the Sailing Director.
• Coaches may be eligible for a refund of their Sail Canada instructor dues upon successful completion of the employment term.
Questions and expressions of interest can be sent to Alex Dumond, Sailing Director at . Applications will be received until Friday March 15th.