CANSail Race Coach Programming Panel
CANSail Race Coach Programming panel will be regulated and developed by a panel of 3-4 experts appointed by Sail Canada on a regional basis and reporting to Sail Canada's Training and Certification Committee and Athlete Development Committee. This group will be responsible for the appropriate development of the Race Coach Training programs and alignment with contexts in the National Coaches Certification Program's Competition Stream. This panel is supported by a programming advisory made up of Sail Canada High Performance staff and systems established by the Coaches' Association of Canada.
Receive direction and support from Sail Canada's Training & Certification and Athlete Development Committees
Report to Sail Canada's Training & Certification Committee
Meet (possibly virtually by Skype) 4 or more times per year - utilizing agendas and providing minutes
Meet annually at CANSail Training Symposium at AGM
- Programs Review / Update / Development
- Deliver annual report
Develop national Technical Coach Training Clinic(s) & Program(s) (1 or more each year)
- Evaluate new and re-certifying Race Coaches in the in their regions - annually
Train mentors / evaluators to the Coach Candidates in each province - on an as-needed basis
Receive and review feedback on programming and delivery from Coach Candidates, mentors and evaluators
NCCP MLF Trained (1 per year to be trained starting in 2012).
- 3 year appointment.
- Appointment / re-appointment by CYA's Training & Certification & Athlete Development Committees.
During term, members of the Panel may hold role as staff and / or volunteer with our partners at Canadian Sport Centers & / or Provincial Sailing Associations. Their actions on this Panel will have them acting entirely for the benefit of the national system.
Members of the CANSail Race Coach Panel are:
1) experienced Race Coaches to Sailors on Race Teams at International, National, or Provincial levels;
2) committed to the national initiatives and objectives of the CYA, following the Long Term Sailor Development model and in association with the Coaching Association of Canada and Sport Canada
3) willing and available to attend annual Sail Canada AGM & Conference
4) willing and available to potentially be selected by Sail Canada to attend NCCP's MLF training session
5) willing and available conduct training, mentoring, & / or evaluation of Race Coaches
6) willing and available to carry out the roles and responsibilities of the panel
Members of the Panel will be selected by the CYA Executive Director in association with the Chairman of the Training and Certification Committee and Sail Canada's High Performance Director.