CYA Affiliate Organizations, along with yacht clubs, sailing clubs, windsurfing clubs sailing schools and camps are the foundation of the CYA membership program. The Affiliate Organization membership is an appropriate membership category for out of Canada organizations that have as their primary interest the sport of sailing and would like to advertise job postings on the CYA website.
Affiliate organizations become members of the Canadian Yachting Association through application to CYA. The annual membership fee is paid to CYA. The annual membership fee is a flat rate, $100 per year. For further information or to become a member affiliate organization please contact the CYA.
In order to offer CYA programs, courses must be taught by current CYA instructors who are certified at the appropriate level.
Services and Benefits to Affiliate Organizations
All schools that are current members of their provincial sailing association and CYA benefit from the following services:
- Representation by CYA and PSAs to government agencies on issues concerning regulation and legislation in recreational boating
- Link to and listing of your organization on CYA website
- Right to use CYA logo to show affiliation with national organization
- Able to participate in CYA national award program
- Invited to use BMO Affinity MasterCard. With each use you help to support the Canadian Sailing Team
- Ability to add job postings to the CYA website
- Certificate of CYA membership for organizations is provided