CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Ontario Sailing - Shells & Sails Sailing Coach
Travelling throughout Ontario, Ontario
Fax: (905) 572-6056
Start Date: Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Shells & Sails is an exciting new program developed as a partnership between Ontario Sailing and ROWONTARIO. This dynamic program will work with clubs across Ontario to help evaluate them on the basis of Club Management, Club/Program Development and Personnel Development/Training. Another unique aspect of the program is our Shells & Sails Mobile Unit which will visit clubs and host promotional days and camps as well as provide sailing and rowing opportunities at sites they currently do not exists.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Assisting the Shells & Sails Coordinator in working with Ontario Sailing clubs throughout the Club Asset Tool process;
• Developing, with assistance, the Shells & Sails Mobile Unit’s Sailing Programming;
• Travelling throughout Ontario as part of the Shells & Sails team, delivering the sailing portion of the Mobile Unit in various communities; and
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should:
• Be well organized and have the ability to effectively manage time and priorities;
• Be very outgoing and personable and have the ability to engage small groups of volunteers and participants;
• Have excellent communication skills and regularly report back to the Shells & Sails Coordinator and Management Team; and
• Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently as required.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
• Certification as a Sail Canada Learning Facilitator (experience sailing instructors with Program Manager Module will also be considered)
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card
• Boat Rescue or Sail Canada Boat Safety Standard
• Emergency First Aid
This position requires travel throughout Ontario and a commitment to extensive travel periods. A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle in good working order are a must. The successful candidate must also supply a clean police record check, including vulnerable sector, prior to signing an employment agreement.
This position is a four month contract position (May through August 2013) and a compensation will be competitive, based on experience.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume, by February 15th, 2013, to:
Megan Medlock at Ontario Sailing
Email: ; Mail: 65 Guise St. E., Hamilton, Ontario L8L 8B4; Fax: (905) 572-6056